19.7.14

My Weave Care routine (Part 2)

After I did my last blog post about how I maintain my own hair while wearing a weave. I got a request from a blog supporter to share how I’m maintaining my virgin Peruvian hair. In the past I made many mistakes when taking care of my own hair and weave. I’d buy hair extensions/weave and the hair wouldn’t last as long as it should have. But through trial and error I realised my hair and weave care mistakes.

Currently have installed 12 inch Peruvian body wave.
Ladies, when you invest in good quality virgin/remy human hair( Brazilian, Peruvian, Malaysian, etc) you expect it to last and stay as fresh as when you bought it, right? I know I do, high quality human hair should last 6 months to a year or even longer depending on the grade of hair and use. But even if you payed a lot of Randela’s for the hair it can only stay looking good if YOU maintain it correctly.
This was after a wash and blow dry hence there isn't much curl definition.
 Because it is REAL hair (once belonged to someone, lol) it needs regular washes just like your own hair does to keep it looking healthy. These are the products I’ve been using for my weave care regime. Tresemme Shampoo and Conditioner the Thermal Recovery range with aloe and almond extracts. Depending on how often you use heat or if your weave is dyed choose a shampoo and conditioner based on that. I don’t use these products on my own hair only when I’m wearing a weave because they have silicones which dry my natural hair. But for my weave they work just fine to cleanse and condition it.

Tresemme Shampoo & Conditioner (R59 each on sale)

 I usually moisturise my scalp and hair underneath my weave daily. So it’s my weave gets a little weighed down and greasy.Even if you don't moisturise your own hair the natural oils from your own hair can make your extensions greasy. It’s important to wash your weave OFTEN weekly or at least every second week depending. I have been washing and conditioning my hair every 10 days whenever I can do my hair at home. 
                                   

After washing and conditioning I often air dry my hair to get that natural curl from this Peruvian body wave. But when I’m using my hood dryer or blow dryer I spray this Tresemme Heat Protector to help protect the weave from getting heat damage. Then I just follow up with a small drop of this Moroccan Argan oil by Avon to add shine. A little goes a long way so this small 30ml bottle will last a while. The lady I bought my hair from suggest this and it's great, affordable and smells divine. Plus I can also use this Moroccan Argan oil on my own hair as a sealant and to add a healthy shine.

 Right: Heat Protector by Tresemme ( Around R50)

 A drop daily of this Moroccan Argan oil (R 80) on my weave is all I need
Silicone is a good alternative to use to add shine on remy/virgin human hair. Beware to avoid using too much silicone on virgin/remy hair too much tends to have the opposite effect making it greasy and weigh it down.  Atleast that has been my experience with it. In general avoid putting an overload of products after washing your extensions a little oil will go a long way.To get that blowing in the wind movement once you have washed, conditioned your weave.

Far Right: Silicone 
Ladies your hair extensions can really last a little longer and look much better with just regular wash and care. Happy weave care affair! 

19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post as it gave me some great knowledge into a few things. Actually, I don’t even know what im talking about, just thanks for the post.

    indian hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful....



    ultimate....What should I Include In My Hair Care Routine
    If you want healthy and shiny hair then you need daily care for that. Using expensive cosmetics only can not better treat you hair. It is very important that it is included in you daily hair care routine.

    Here in this section we are giving you some easy hair care routine maintaining tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Synthetic wig is not as costly than human hair and is durable. Get more information about blonde wigs on this link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to contact us within 15 days if you're unhappy with the merchandise. If you are curious to know more about 100 human hair wigs, check here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When you purchase your wig, we do any cutting, fitting, personalizing that you can want to have done. If you are curious to know more about synthetic lace front wigs, discover here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even brunettes take the chance to become blondes. Attempt to have heads to turn and you will definitely wind up living just enjoy the Lady herself! It's a fact that women are choosy most especially in regards to outfits. Halloween costumes for women arrive in many variations. Source to know about long blonde wig.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, when buying a hair straightening brush you should look for those brands that are of high quality and made from durable materials like aluminum, stainless steel or ceramic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Before starting scalp micropigmentation, it is important to understand that it will take some time for the results to become noticeable. Author is an expert of scalp micropigmentation guide, click here for more interesting information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The good news is that they are much less expensive than other types of shears on the market. Want to know more about professional shears? Find more information on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In addition, use only natural products. Lighten your hair if you see any white streaks or if your hair is very fine. When you are looking for a solution you should consult your doctor's opinion. For more ideal details about scalp micropigmentation head over to the website.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The problem of tangles can be solved if the right tools are used on the hair. There are some tips that can be followed and a beautiful hair style can be achieved with the help of these tools. For more information on curly hair guide click here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is typically a short-term program, usually for about three months. You should follow the instructions to the letter and it is important that you maintain the results that you achieve during this time. You are curious to know more about fight against hair loss, browse this site.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of the reasons why most people use keratin express treatment review products for their hair instead of getting a natural treatment that is supposed to help the hair grow longer and thicker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In addition to the fact that there is not a huge amount of information available to help you make your choice, you might want to find out the cost of the procedure in addition to what you will need to spend on medications. For more ideal details about hair growth treatments, pop over to these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Colored hair wigs are the latest rage in the hair industry this year and as far as we are concerned that is just perfect! I am sure you will agree with me on this! If you are curious to know more about hair dye, check here.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like what you guys are usually up too.
    This type of clever work and coverage! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve added you guys to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for informative post.

    ReplyDelete