20.4.14

Hairspiration: Mermaid Blue hair, would you dare?



There was a time most of us wanted aqua coloured hair, probably in primary school when mermaids were real(so I thought). Since then I never thought I'd genuinely like aqua hair or that it could look good. It's a trend a lot of celebrities like Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry,Amber Rose and Lil Mama have worn and I thought well they are celebrities so they can  do whatever wild things to their hair.


But it's only recently when I saw a few SA ladies on instagram rocking it that I started liking it. I must admit Im falling for it and think it's a fun hair trend. I don't think I'd try it myself but I absolutely dig the aqua sea vibe going on. One of the first SA ladies I saw rocking mermaid hair was this gorgeous lady Nqobile @nqobiledreams on instagram. 

She is a professional dancer so I think her profession allows her to get away with this fabulous colour.


She has somehow managed to make this aqua mermaid hair look everyday wearable and versatile with the different cuts and curl styles.Another hot South African beauty I recently spotted donning blue long locks is Durbanite, Tracy Noma @nomziii_leaux(instagram) These ladies know how to make it work.


Get the look:
 They both permanently dyed their weave which is great because their natural hair is still protected. An alternative for ladies who want to try this daring colour but not permanently. Try chalk dying, it's really easy and a temporary colour solution that won't damage your hair and can be washed out with shampoo. 
Here are some more blue haired hairspirations in natural, dreads and short hair.

  Would you dare dye your hair green, blue or aqua?


No comments:

Post a Comment