16.6.14

Benefits of a Net Weave

Like a lot of ladies I wear a weave because it's a great protective style during the colder months and to allow my hair to just grow and be. I have been installing weaves as a protective style for my hair for over 8 years but this is the first time I did a net weave. I decided to try it because I’m trying to make healthier choices for my hair and the regular braiding method was putting too much strain on my natural hair and a nightmare to take out as it breaks my hair. 

The threading directly onto the hair breaks the hair as it pulls and weighs on it. I went through this recently when the hair in my nape(back) area was breaking from normal braiding weave method. So I hope this method is better as I have heard. The hair I used is a 12 inch Peruvian body wave from Crown Hair @crown_hair(instagram). I might do a review on the Peruvian hair in a few weeks.



I've always known about net weaving but only decided to try it now because I wanted to stretch my relaxer a few more weeks to 18 weeks(if I last that long). I didn’t want to do the regular braiding method or the front lace closure that is currently popular so a net weave it is.  


How is the net weave installed
Installation is really simple and went much faster than the normal method maybe because i had thick cornrows done.The way it is used is the net is placed on your head directly over your cornrows. Then the hair extension weave tracks are sewn directly to the net only sewing directly to your cornrow braid in some areas not all. This protects your hair from much of the stress or pulling caused by the thread. It also gives your hair a added layer of protection and secures the weave a lot better on your head. Here is me(below) after they cornrowed my hair into five cornrows and the net was sewn onto the cornrow around my hair only. My new growth is so thick I had to do few cornrows plus it will be easy to unplait.




Benefits of Net Weave
For those who are unaware there are a number of benefits to using a net with your sew-in weave. Applying a net over your cornrows creates a flatter base and relieves tension because it provides additional areas onto which the hair extensions may be sewn.  As your braids loosen with each wash, the net prevents the extensions from “hanging” from your hair because the base will remain flat.  Some stylists even sew the extensions to the net ONLY which places virtually no tension on your real hair and makes the take down process much faster.



Using hair net is one of the best ways to protect your hair from damage from the pulling of the thread while sewing it in. The pulling and tightening action of the needle and thread can sometimes cause breakage to your natural hair. The net is important if you cherish your hair even while wearing a weave.

 Now to see if my hair care routine while in the net weave is as easy to maintain. Happy and healthy weaving ladies!



1 comment:

  1. Excellent article!!! Good work, your concept is really helpful for me. Thanks for your contribution in sharing such wonderful information.
    Excellent article!!! Good work, your concept is really helpful for me. Thanks for your contribution in sharing such wonderful information.
    Hair Weaving Cost in Delhi
    Hair Treatment in Paschim Vihar

    ReplyDelete