16.6.14

My Product Review: Amla Legend's Night cream and Hair Potion

I bought these Dark & Lovely Amla Legend products two months ago when I still had my twists. I said I would do a review so here it finally is. I have relaxed hair and I was 12 weeks post relaxer when I tried these. This was my experience of how these products worked for my hair texture.   
I could only try them once I took my twist out for a proper review. However, I started using the Billion hair potion while I still had my braids.


PRODUCT REVIEWS: 
Amla Legend -Billion Hair Potion (R19).


What I thought: I tried the Billion hair potion while I had my hair in twists, I liked the nozzle for application it was easy to moisturize my scalp while in braids. However, I didn’t quite like how my hair felt after using it. My scalp and hair didn’t quite feel moisturized although it is water based which is great, I didn’t feel it was moisturising enough for my new growth. Even when I sealed with coconut oil or shea butter it still left my hair feeling dry. I tried it again after removing my braids but I still didn’t like how it left my hair feeling. Used half the bottle so I can’t really say it works or not.

Amla Legend- Night Wrap Cream (R38)


What I thought: I tried the Night Wrap Cream after I took out my braids. I had never used a night cream for my hair so to be honest I didn’t know what to expect. After taking out my braids I did a protein and moisture treatment and the protein left my hair a little hard. I decided to try the Night wrap cream that night because I needed my hair manageable and soft the next day. So with fingers crossed I put in on my relaxed hair (not my new growth) and put on my satin doek. Wow, was I impressed come the morning. My hair literally went from rough to smooth and manageable from using this. I tried this product for two weeks while stretching my relaxer and it helped me manage my wild hair 12 weeks relaxer. It’s part of the reason I could go without relaxing for two more weeks without feeling like just relaxing. However I realised I can’t use it every day but it worked great for me and also smells amazing.


If you’ve used any of these I would love to hear how they treated you in the comments section below. Until next time keep your hair healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment